When I was a kid my parents gave me a nightlight. It was great for dealing with my fear of the dark while I was in my room, but didn’t do me much good if I had to make my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. My kids were having the same problem, so we bought them small flashlights. Unfortunately, kids being kids, they kept losing them.
I wasn’t really sure what to do, but then I saw an ad for Flashlight Friends. These are stuffed animals with flashlights inside the animal. Unlike nightlights, these are completely portable and the kids can carry them around wherever they are. Plus, they are large and don’t go missing like small flashlights can. My family loves them!
How Flashlight Friends Work
Flashlight Friends are stuffed animals with a flashlight embedded in their chests. When your child presses the flashlight, it lights up, providing your child with illumination for comfort, reading or to help him or her navigate the hallway at night.
The flashlight has an automatic shut-off feature of 20 minutes, preserving the battery and keeping the flashlight running for longer periods of time. It also never gets hot, so you don’t have to worry about your kids burning themselves at all.
Here’s the commercial in case you haven’t seen it yet and want to get a better idea of how they work:
There’s an animal for every child. Check out these options:
- Blue Puppy
- Pink Unicorn
- Purple Panda
- Green Dragon
- Black Penguin
- Green Turtle
- Blue Puppy
Pros and Cons
Anything you get your kids is going to have its pros and cons, though I really do like this product. Here are some things to think about:
- Large stuffed animals are less likely to be misplaced than small flashlights.
- Flashlight Friends do double duty as a stuffed animal and a light source.
- Kids can use the flashlight to get around in a sudden blackout or during the night without disturbing the whole family.
- No outlet needed. Completely portable.
- Light shuts off after 20 minutes, reducing battery drain.
- These attractive animals come in bright, modern colors, a great accent for your child’s room!
- A great option for kids in group sleeping arrangements, such as at camp: Children have a private light source that won’t disturb others.
- If your kid gets his or her Flashlight Friend dirty, you can only spot clean with a wet cloth. You can’t immerse these in water.
- You’ll have to replace the batteries in the flashlight when they run down.
Where to Buy Flashlight Friends
Check out the official website for Flashlight Friends, as you’ll get the best deal there. It’s the lowest price I have seen and you will also get a 30 day money back guarantee. Plus you will be able to choose from all the available characters. Some of the characters are only sold on the website and not in stores.
The Final Word
Flashlight Friends are great for kids and for parents. Kids get to have a cool stuffed toy while also having access to light when they need or want it. Parents get a better shot at a full night’s sleep because their kids can better handle fear of the dark or the need for nighttime trips to the bathroom. Get one for your child or grandchild today. My kids love them and I’m glad I bought mine!